Monday, January 4, 2010

"Tish-ah!" said the Grass. "Tish-ah, tish-ah!"
Never had it said anything else-never would it
say anything else. It had bent resiliently under
the trampling feet; it did not break, but it
complained aloud every time- for nothing like
this had ever happened to it before.
from: Giants of the Earth
by: O. E. Rolvaag 1926

Yes!!! Most assuredly the sky is indeed this blue!!
The hiking cairns were even magnificent today!!!

The smiles are that genuine!
The vistas are that perfect!!
The sand truly is that sparkling white!!
The ice is the only reminder that it is winter time.
We spent another glorious day in the desert today-hiking with delightful new guests from So. California- who have never visited this part of the country before!!
It just doesnt get better than this!!!
I love the opportunity to see what I have in my own back yard through the eyes of newcomers!!
Hiking every single day this week is seriously going to challenge me. After my 2 week hiatus in December...Im feeling the repercussions!!! I know Im in for some painful moments. Today was proof positive of this fact. But at the same time, Im confident that I'll get my legs and lungs back pretty quickly. Today was also proof of this. We made good time on our 4 1/2 mile hike to the top of Snow Canyon State Park!! And it was fun!!!
Im the luckiest hik'in grandma on the planet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment